RTHK: NZ mosque shooter pleads guilty to all charges
The Australian accused of carrying out last year's mass shooting at two New Zealand mosques that claimed 51 lives pleaded guilty to all charges on Thursday in a surprise change of mind, police said.

"The guilty pleas to 51 charges of murder, 40 charges of attempted murder and one charge of engaging in a terrorist act were taken via an audio-visual link from Auckland Prison," commissioner Mike Bush said in a statement.

The shootings last March by self-avowed white supremacist Brenton Tarrant targeted Muslims at Friday prayers and were the worst mass shootings in modern New Zealand history. (AFP)



This story has been published on: 2020-03-26. To contact the author, please use the contact details within the article.



Comments

We use a third-party service called Disqus to enable our visitors to post comments to our website. Due to the amount of comments, we do not moderate or review posted comments on our website.

Discover 7thSpace