Rates and Government rent due January 27
Hong Kong (HKSAR) - Demand notes for rates and/or Government rent for the quarter from January to March 2017 have been issued, and payment should be made by January 27, 2017.
The demand notes reflect the rates concession for this quarter, subject to a ceiling of $1,000 for each rateable tenement. Any unused portion of the concession in this quarter will not be used to offset the outstanding rates in any other quarter. The concession does not apply to the payment of Government rent.
Payments can be made:
(1) by using autopay or electronic means (such as PPS, bank automated teller machines or Internet);
(2) by uploading an e-Cheque/e-Cashier's order via the "Pay e-Cheque" portal: http://www.payecheque.gov.hk" target="_blank">www.payecheque.gov.hk;
(3) by sending a crossed cheque to the Treasury, PO Box 28000, Gloucester Road Post Office, Hong Kong; or
(4) in person at any of the post offices or designated convenience stores.
For the addresses and opening hours of post offices, please call Hongkong Post's hotline (2921 2222), or visit http://www.hongkongpost.hk" target="_blank">www.hongkongpost.hk.
If demand notes have not been received, members of the public may call 2152 0111, fax 2152 0113, or visit the Rating and Valuation Department, 15/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon.
Members of the public can also visit the department's website at http://www.rvd.gov.hk" target="_blank">www.rvd.gov.hk to obtain replacement demand notes or take a demand note for any previous quarter to any of the following post offices, where replacement demand notes can be obtained and payment can be made:
(1) General Post Office, 2 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong;
(2) Gloucester Road Post Office, 1/F, Revenue Tower, 5 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong;
(3) Kowloon Central Post Office, G/F, Kowloon Government Offices, 405 Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon;
(4) Tsim Sha Tsui Post Office, G/F and 1/F, Hermes House, 10 Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.
A surcharge of 5 per cent will be imposed for late payment and a further surcharge of 10 per cent may be levied on the amount (including the 5 per cent surcharge) that remains unpaid six months after the payment deadline.
It is convenient and environmentally friendly to receive the bill through eRVD Bill Service. Please register for the service at http://www.rvd.gov.hk" target="_blank">www.rvd.gov.hk.
Published on: 2017-01-06
Limited copyright is granted for you to use and/or republish any story on this site for
any legitimate media purpose as long as you reference 7thSpace and any source mentioned in the story above. Please
make sure to read our disclaimer
prior to contacting 7thSpace Interactive. To contact our editors, visit our online helpdesk
. If you wish submit your own press release, click here