Special traffic and transport arrangements in So Kon Po and Causeway Bay this Wednesday and Saturday
Hong Kong (HKSAR) - The Transport Department (TD) today (July 17) reminded the public that special traffic and transport arrangements will be implemented in So Kon Po and Causeway Bay this Wednesday (July 19) and Saturday (July 22) to facilitate the holding of football matches at Hong KongStadium.
The special traffic and transport arrangements mainly include:
* From about 4pm, the section of Caroline Hill Road between Leighton Road and Cotton Path, and the section of Hysan Avenue westbound between Sunning Road and Hoi Ping Road, will be closed;
* From about 9.45pm, Caroline Hill Road, Cotton Path and the section of Eastern Hospital Road between Caroline Hill Road and Cotton Path will be closed to facilitate the dispersal of spectators, until the crowd disperses and road closures are lifted;
* During the road closure period, Citybus route 5B, Cross Harbour Routes 678 and 936, green minibus routes 14M, 26 and 30, and residents' service route HR51 will be temporarily diverted;
* Cross Harbour Route 117R will operate from Hong Kong Stadium to Mong Kok after the event; and
* On-street car parking spaces and car parks within the affected areas will be suspended.
The TD anticipates that the traffic in the vicinity of So Kon Po and Causeway Bay will be congested. Motorists are advised to avoid driving to the affected areas. In case of traffic congestion, motorists should exercise tolerance and patience and follow police instructions. Members of the public planning to go to the affected areas are advised to use public transport services as far as possible.
The TD and the Police will closely monitor the traffic situation and implement appropriate measures whenever necessary. Motorists and members of the public are advised to be alert to the latest traffic news on radio and television.
Details of the special traffic and transport arrangements are now available on the TD's website (http://www.td.gov.hk" target="_blank">www.td.gov.hk).
Published on: 2017-07-17
Limited copyright is granted for you to use and/or republish any story on this site for
any legitimate media purpose as long as you reference 7thSpace and any source mentioned in the story above. Please
make sure to read our disclaimer
prior to contacting 7thSpace Interactive. To contact our editors, visit our online helpdesk
. If you wish submit your own press release, click here