Auction of personalised vehicle registration marks on October 21
Hong Kong (HKSAR) - The Transport Department (TD) today (September 8) announced that the next auction of personalised vehicle registration marks (PVRMs) will be held on October 21 (Saturday), at Meeting Room S421, L4, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Wan Chai.
"A total of 322 approved PVRMs will be put up for public auction. A list of the marks was posted on the department's website, http://www.td.gov.hk" target="_blank">www.td.gov.hk, today," a department spokesman said.
The reserve price of all these marks is $5,000. Applicants who have paid a deposit of $5,000 should also participate in the bidding (including the first bid at the reserve price). Otherwise, the PVRM concerned may be sold to another bidder at the reserve price.
People who wish to participate in the bidding at the auction should take note of the following important points:
(1) Paddle bidding will be used at this auction;
(2) The display of a PVRM on a motor vehicle should be in compliance with the requirements stipulated in Schedule 4 of the Road Traffic (Registration and Licensing of Vehicles) Regulations;
(3) Any change to the arrangement of letters, numerals and blank spaces of a PVRM, i.e.
single and two rows as auctioned, will not be allowed;
(4) Purchasers must make payment of the purchase price through the Easy Pay System (EPS), or by crossed cheque and complete the Memorandum of Sale of PVRM immediately after the bidding of the PVRM concerned. Subsequent alteration of the particulars in the memorandum will not be permitted. For an auctioned mark paid for by cheque, the first three working days after the date of auction will be required for cheque clearance confirmation before processing of the application for mark assignment can be completed; and
(5) The purchaser shall, within 12 months after the date of auction, apply to the Commissioner for Transport for the PVRM to be assigned to a motor vehicle registered in the name of the purchaser. If the purchaser fails to assign the PVRM within 12 months, allocation of the PVRM will be cancelled and arranged for re-allocation in accordance with the statutory provision without prior notice to the purchaser.
"Upon completion of the Memorandum of Sale of PVRM, the purchaser will be issued a receipt and a Certificate of Allocation of Personalised Registration Mark. The Certificate of Allocation will serve to prove the holdership of the PVRM. Potential buyers of vehicles bearing a PVRM should check the Certificate of Allocation with the sellers and pay attention to the details therein. For transfer of vehicle ownership, this certificate together with other required documents should be sent to the TD for processing," the spokesman said.
For other auction details, please refer to the Guidance Notes - Auction of PVRM, which is available at the department's licensing offices or can be downloaded from its website, http://www.td.gov.hk" target="_blank">www.td.gov.hk.
Published on: 2017-09-08
Limited copyright is granted for you to use and/or republish any story on this site for
any legitimate media purpose as long as you reference 7thSpace and any source mentioned in the story above. Please
make sure to read our disclaimer
prior to contacting 7thSpace Interactive. To contact our editors, visit our online helpdesk
. If you wish submit your own press release, click here