LCQ16: Mobile applications of Department of Health
Hong Kong (HKSAR) - Following is a question by the Dr Hon Helena Wong and a written reply by the Secretary for Food and Health, Professor Sophia Chan, in the Legislative Council today (January 10):
As at the end of last year, the Department of Health (DH) launched a total of 12 mobile applications, including IMPACT, Snack Check, HKeIC, CookSmart:EatSmart Recipes, EatSmart Restaurant and 1069. In this connection, will the Government inform this Council:
(1) in respect of each of the applications, of the reasons for and cost of its development as well as the respective numbers of times for which it has been updated and downloaded so far;
(2) of the channels through which DH promotes the applications to members of the public;
(3) how DH assesses the user acceptance level of the applications and whether the objectives of the applications have been achieved; and
(4) whether DH has plans to launch mobile applications this year; if so, of the details?
My reply to the question raised by the Dr Hon Helena Wong is as follows:
(1) The reason for the Department of Health (DH) to develop these mobile applications (apps) is to safeguard the health of the people of Hong Kong by providing the latest information on promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services to the designated user groups. Information on the launch date, development cost, download rate and number of updates for each of the mobile apps is set out at Annex.
(2) The relevant service units of DH promote the mobile apps to the people of Hong Kong through relevant channels such as the Internet, social media, email, newsletters, briefing sessions, health talks, promotion materials and publicity activities, etc.
(3) The relevant service units of DH regularly review and monitor the download statistics, user ratings and user comments of the mobile apps in order to assess their effectiveness, user acceptance level and the efficiency of promotion activities, etc.
If necessary, DH will make improvements to the relevant content as appropriate.
(4) DH does not have plan to launch new mobile apps in 2018 at present stage.
Published on: 2018-01-10
Limited copyright is granted for you to use and/or republish any story on this site for
any legitimate media purpose as long as you reference 7thSpace and any source mentioned in the story above. Please
make sure to read our disclaimer
prior to contacting 7thSpace Interactive. To contact our editors, visit our online helpdesk
. If you wish submit your own press release, click here