2018 Community Cultural Ambassador Scheme to promote community arts
Hong Kong (HKSAR) - The 2018 Community Cultural Ambassador Scheme organised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department has been rolled out recently with the aim of promoting the development of performance in the community. Leading the Scheme are 19 cultural ambassadors comprising local performing arts practitioners and groups who will present around 550 events from March covering a wide range of art forms including music, dance, Chinese opera, theatre and multimedia art at community venues.
This year, two special topics are featured, namely performing arts projects themed with district characteristics and performing arts projects designed for children.
Performing arts projects themed with district characteristics include:
- "Music Atlas of Hong Kong" by Windpipe Chinese Music Ensemble;
- "Dance Theatre: Dance Bao Shan x Bun Workshop and Cheung Chau Walk" by Huang Ju x Liu Heung-man;
- "Where is our sea?" by Littlebreath Creative Workshop; and
- "Day and Night in the Prosperous Land of Hong Kong" by Theatre Space.
Performing arts projects designed for children include:
- "Musical Theatre for All" by Bel Canto Singers;
- "The Little Harmonicas" by Wesley Wong;
- "My Daddy, My Flying Car and Me 2018" by Blue Ka-wing x Wilfred Wong;
- "Free Playing Park" by Theatre Ronin;
- "KIBO's Journey of Rebirth" by Hong Kong Circus;
- "Auntie C and the stray cats" by Little Smudges Theatre;
- "Chinese Idioms @ Romance of the Three Kingdoms" by Drama Gallery; and
- "A Journey of Mr. Rabbit" by Room 9 Dance Theatre.
Performing arts projects featuring both topics include:
- "Chinese Music Wave" by Hua Xia Chinese Music Association; and
- "'Wonder Bees!' Tabletop Puppet Theatre Project" by Merit Minds Workshop.
Other projects for the general public include:
- "CMLHK Outreach Project" by Chamber Music for Life Hong Kong;
- "Cantonese Opera Open Stage" by Wong Siu-sang;
- "Exploring Splendours of Cantonese Opera" by Kim Sum Cantonese Opera Association;
- "The Yang School of Peking Opera" by the Hong Kong Youth of Chinese Opera College; and
- "Nature as a Guide - The Experiential Theatre" by the Studio Theatre for Love and Life.
For detailed information, please call 2591 1300 or visit http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/CulturalService/ab/en/ccas2018.php" target="_blank">www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/CulturalService/ab/en/ccas2018.php or the Facebook page and Instagram account of the Community Cultural Ambassador Scheme.
The Community Cultural Ambassador Scheme was launched in 1999.
Every year, through an open invitation exercise, local performing arts practitioners and groups are invited to act as Cultural Ambassadors to conduct a wide range of interesting and meaningful outreach activities in the community including workshops, lecture demonstrations, exhibitions and performances at various public spaces so as to develop interest among the general public or specific community groups in performing arts, and make arts part of our daily life.
Published on: 2018-03-08
Limited copyright is granted for you to use and/or republish any story on this site for
any legitimate media purpose as long as you reference 7thSpace and any source mentioned in the story above. Please
make sure to read our disclaimer
prior to contacting 7thSpace Interactive. To contact our editors, visit our online helpdesk
. If you wish submit your own press release, click here