Tenders invited for advance works of site formation and infrastructure works for development at Kam Tin South in Yuen Long
Hong Kong (HKSAR) - The Civil Engineering and Development Department (CEDD) today (March 9) invited tenders for the contract for "Site Formation and Infrastructure Works for Development at Kam Tin South, Yuen Long - Advance Works".
The works mainly comprise:
* widening a section of Kam Ho Road about 970 metres in length between Kam Tin Road and Tung Wui Road from a single two-lane carriageway to a dual two-lane carriageway, including construction of a bridge about 95 metres long across Kam Tin River;
* widening a section about 360 metres in length on the eastbound side of Kam Tin Road between Ko Po Tsuen and Kam Ho Road from a two-lane to three-lane carriageway;
* provision of four bus lay-bys along Kam Sheung Road;
* construction of sewers along Tung Wui Road, Kam Ho Road and Kam Tai Road;
* road junction improvement at Kam Tin Road/Kam Tin Bypass/Kam Ho Road, Kam Tin Road/Kam Sheung Road, Kam Ho Road/Tung Wui Road, Tung Wui Road/Kam Sheung Road, Pat Heung Road/Kam Sheung Road and Tsing Long Highway Slip Road/Pat Heung Road junctions;
* geotechnical, drainage, water supply, landscaping and other miscellaneous re-provisioning works; and
* implementation of environmental mitigation measures for the works mentioned above including the construction of noise barriers at Kam Tin Road and re-provisioning of wetland near the junction of Chi Ho Road and Shui Tau Road.
The works are scheduled to commence in July this year and will take about 36 months to complete.
The CEDD has commissioned AECOM Asia Company Limited to design and supervise the works. Interested contractors may obtain the forms for tender and particulars from the company at 8/F, Grand Central Plaza, Tower 2, 138 Shatin Rural Committee Road, Shatin.
The invitation to tender was gazetted today. The deadline for tenders is noon on April 20.
The tender notice is also available at the CEDD's website (file:///C:/Users/mmhyu/AppData/Local/Temp/notesC7A056/www.cedd.gov.hk/eng/tender/contract/tender/index.htm" target="_blank">www.cedd.gov.hk/eng/tender/contract/tender/index.htm#YL/2017/01).
For enquiries, please call AECOM Asia Company Limited at 3922 9000 during office hours.
Published on: 2018-03-09
Limited copyright is granted for you to use and/or republish any story on this site for
any legitimate media purpose as long as you reference 7thSpace and any source mentioned in the story above. Please
make sure to read our disclaimer
prior to contacting 7thSpace Interactive. To contact our editors, visit our online helpdesk
. If you wish submit your own press release, click here