DH invites proposals for Project on Dental Services for Persons with Intellectual Disability
Hong Kong (HKSAR) - The Department of Health (DH) today (April 16) invited submission of proposals for service provision under a three-year Project on Dental Services for Persons with Intellectual Disability (the Project).
The Project aims to:
- provide free dental care services to eligible service users through behavioural management, conscious sedation, intravenous sedation or general anaesthesia; and
- promote oral health through oral hygiene education to eligible service users and their parents/family members/legal guardians/caregivers.
Interested parties are invited to submit applications for the Project with the service period from July 16, 2018 to July 15, 2021. Applicants must meet all of the following mandatory requirements:
- A non-profit-making entity and exempt from tax under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap 112);
- Operating at least one dental clinic with at least one full-time Registered Dentist and one full-time Dental Surgery Assistant for the public at the application closing date;
- At least one of the Registered Dentists and Dental Surgery Assistants respectively, who are assigned to join the Project, must have received formal/recognised training on provision of dental services for persons with intellectual disability (ID); and
- Comply with requirements under section 12 of the Dentists Registration Ordinance (Cap 156) at the application closing date.
Proposals received will be assessed according to the requirements specified in the invitation document as well as their track record and experience in operating dental clinic(s) and dental services to the public and persons with ID.
Interested applicants can collect a set of invitation documents from the DH's Outreach Dental Care Programme for the Elderly (ODCP) Management Unit at 147A Argyle Street, Kowloon, in person or request a copy by email (email@example.com).
A proposal collection box will be set up by the ODCP Management Unit of the DH at 1/F, Hospital Authority Building, 147B Argyle Street, Kowloon. Interested parties should hand in the applications at or before 9.30am on May 15, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted. For enquiries, please call the ODCP Management Unit (2515 2039).
Published on: 2018-04-16
Limited copyright is granted for you to use and/or republish any story on this site for
any legitimate media purpose as long as you reference 7thSpace and any source mentioned in the story above. Please
make sure to read our disclaimer
prior to contacting 7thSpace Interactive. To contact our editors, visit our online helpdesk
. If you wish submit your own press release, click here