7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Company confidential: Senior developer
(San Francisco, CA)
Wanted: Skilled back end PHP developer
About this job
You will join a San Francisco based team of a very experienced developer and a junior developer. The team’s single purpose is to develop and maintain a sports betting tool. The tool consists of a PHP/MySQL back end, based on a modern PHP framework with lots of cool stuff, and a single page application on the frontend using ExtJS 4.0.
The position involves all the disciplines in developing a professional web application from the back end perspective, and you will get a lot of influence on how the product should be developed.
The team is part of a company with offices in San Francisco (management and developers), Denmark (developers, designers and marketers) and Indonesia (supporters and designers).
The office in downtown San Francisco, where you will be working from, is at the startup hub, Rocket Space. It has the perfect atmosphere for young and energetic developers, and we are very excited to be present here!
- Architect,design and implement new features and maintain existing ones.
- Design and implement the data model.
- Integrate with odds suppliers using web services and web scraping.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Fix bugs and solve problems.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- Extensive experience in back end development using object oriented PHP and MySQL.
- Thorough understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, sessions, cookies, DNS, caching).
- Thorough understanding of all the aspects needed to build a large web application (e.g. database design, code layout, design patterns, usability).
- Good social skills and a desire to improve your team.
- Experience in the following (we regularly use these technologies):
- Web scraping
- ExtJS (4.0)
- SCSS (or LESS)
- HTML5 charts and other graphics components to visualize data
- Amazon Web Services products like EC2 and S3
- Knowledge about how a distributed LAMP stack works and how to maintain it (not much work here, but could be useful).
Do you have what it takes' Send your application, CV, code samples, open source work, or whatever you feel makes you the toughest developer on the planet to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Contact Sebastian Seilund at email@example.com or (415) 218-8559 for any questions. We're not searching for recruiters, but developers.
This job listing was published 379 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising