7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Turing: Front-end Developer
Turing is a web and mobile applications development consultancy. We work primarily with startups, helping them design, build, launch and improve their products.
We are headquartered in Berkeley, CA, but we're a fully-distributed company, with people spread throughout the West Coast, as well as a few employees in other parts of the world.
We believe that excellent design needs to be backed by rock-solid engineering, and that engineering must be driven by a laser-focus on user experience. As a front-end developer at Turing you sit at the intersection of design and engineering. This means you:
- Will work closely with our design team to implement user experiences with an impeccable attention to detail
- Will work closely with our engineering team to integrate design production
- Have excellent design taste and a passion for building great products
- Think like an engineer and enjoy technical challenges
At minimum you:
- Are self-directed and comfortable working remotely
- Have been the lead front-end developer on several large applications
- Use a CSS preprocessor (we prefer SASS with Compass) and can't imagine writing CSS without one
- Have a good working knowledge of the HTML5 APIs / the CSS3 spec + feature detection for older browsers with a library like Modernizr
- Understand responsive design and mobile optimization techniques
- Have a Github account registered at least a year ago (bonus points for open source contributions from this account)
Major bonus points for experience with:
- Ruby on Rails design integration (i.e. "can write a view helper" / "know how to navigate around a Rails app")
- Building cool fancy data visualizations in SVG
- Design production for native iOS apps
If working on a range of challenging projects with super-smart people sounds interesting, send us a link to your Github account and links to examples of your recent projects to apply.
This job listing was published 291 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising