7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Easy Designs: Front End Gal/Guy
So here’s the deal: We are looking for another talented person to join the Easy team here in Chattanooga (the “next tech city”) full-time. The enviroment here is best suited for someone who is flexible, loves variety and is eager to produce quality work. At any given time, our work consists of: client production (for clients like wikiHow, EllisLab & Nichols College and on internal projects), training & consulting (for folks like the New York Times, Spectra Energy & SAS), electronic & physical publishing through our sister company Easy Readers, and event-based training through our workshop series Retreats 4 Geeks. Our projects offer a variety of experience, encourage continued growth, and require a robust skill set.
If you’re the kind of person that thrives on a good challenge, read on…
Our team members are:
- excellent communicators;
- fun to be around & have a good sense of humor;
- detail-oriented to the point of being a little OCD;
- not afraid to fail quickly and often;
- passionate about their work;
- eager to share what they know via speaking, training, and writing; and
- dedicated to making the web better.
From a technical perfective, we’re expecting you to:
- know HTML & CSS like it’s your mother tongue;
- understand the importance of semantics;
- be passionate about progressive enhancement;
- get excited by the opportunities of mobile;
- grok adaptive layouts, media queries & mobile-first;
- understand the importance of optimization (images, JS, etc.).
It would be awesome if you:
- are comfortable working with version control (e.g. Git);
- have made open source contributions;
- can also program on the server-side (PHP, Node, Python/Django); and/or
- are familiar with ExpressionEngine.
I you think you’re a good fit, please reach out. We can’t wait to meet you!
This position has been pre-qualified for Chattanooga’s GeekMove program, meaning that if you relocate here to work for us and you buy a house, you would qualify to receive a $10,000 forgivable second mortgage and $1,250 for relocation expenses. Talk about a sweet bonus!
This job is in the United States and we are not able to sponsor non-U.S. citizens with an H1B visa at this time.
We offer a fun, relaxed atmosphere, flexible hours, 3 weeks of paid time off (plus holidays), health insurance, room to grow, and lots of quality mentorship time from our technical lead, @AaronGustafson.
Use the subject
+Hire me? and tell us why you?d be perfect for this job. Be sure to include your contact info, Twitter handle, links to your work and/or code samples.
This job listing was published 288 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising