7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Arc90, Inc.: Junior Database Administrator
(New York, NY)
Insight Catastrophe Group is looking for a Database Administrator to support our current database team with delivering highly sensitive insurance and financial information to our clients. The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and repair of Insight’s database environment. The role includes the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving our non-production database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements.
- Act as the Database Administrator for all Development, Staging and QA systems including Backups
- Security, Performance, Troubleshooting, and Monitoring Jobs.
- Ensure uniformity and stability in all database testing environments.
- Setup, Installation and Configuration of new testing environments as needed.
- Test SQL Server Service Packs for deployment to Production.
- Use SQL Replication, Backups and/or Data Generators to ensure all Test Environments have current and accurate testing data.
- Review all DB changes from Developers to ensure they meet our coding guidelines.
- Test and analyze all DB changes to determine the implementation impact and propose performance improvements.
- Create database implementation and rollback scripts.
- Ensure all DB changes are properly loaded into version control and that consistency is maintained across all platforms.
- Work with the existing DBA staff to deploy DB changes to the Production Systems.
- 2+ years working with SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2.
- Understanding of database design and architecture in a SQL environment.
- Knowledge of T-SQL including Query Design and Optimization.
- Ability to design and implement standards, policies and procedures for Database code deployments.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Subversion or other version control systems
- Experience with SQL Server Replication
- Proficient in XML and XQuery
We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, paid time off, a matching 401k and gym discounts. Join us!
Interested? Send a short note and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use
+Database Administrator? as the subject line in your email.
This job listing was published 290 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising