7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
W.W. Norton &Company: Web Developer
(New York, NY)
W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Web Developer for the Digital Products Group. The Web Developer will be responsible for developing and programming digital products from concept to completion.
- Candidates must submit examples of work demonstrating proficiency in the required technologies.
- Candidates will be required to manage some Windows- and LAMP-based servers that are directly related to our product development process. Familiarity with SQL Server and MySQL is a plus.
- The Web Developer will also be required to work within W. W. Norton’s Content Management System (Ektron) to develop pages, templates and controls.
- Though not a design position, candidates must demonstrate understanding of basic design principles and how they relate to web application development and be able to write and edit well-structured CSS and HTML.
- Candidates must be highly organized, motivated, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and enjoy the collaborative process. Must also be able to work independently and self-directed while also being comfortable working with product stakeholders to define a project's business and user requirements.
- Must be able to perform at a high level of proficiency while meeting tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
- Familiarity with e-book publishing techniques and formats is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in web application development
- Back-end technologies: ASP.NET/VB, PHP
- Skilled knowledge of front-end web design languages and technologies, i.e. HTML, CSS
- IIS/LAMP server management
- SQL/MySQL database management
- Experienced with Content Management Systems
- Must be comfortable working in a hybrid Windows/Mac environment.
- Publishing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Examples of web applications demonstrating proficiency in the required technologies.
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- Must be able to work full business hours.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to anticipate needs and deliver timely, relevant solutions and actions.
- Must be able to develop rapport and relationships with all levels of employees. Must be seen as knowledgeable and capable of handling sensitive, critical information.
- Must be proactive, flexible and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment and adjust with a “can-do” attitude.
- Must be self-directed and independent.
- Must have good time management skills, be organized, and be capable of multi-tasking across departments, activities, and projects.
- Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Health, dental and life insurance, 401(k), and profit sharing, etc.
This job listing was published 281 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising