7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
University of Minnesota Academic Health Center: Web Designer/Developer
Full posting (#179736) at: http://z.umn.edu/8qu
The web designer/developer is a key member of the web team for medical and health sciences at the University of Minnesota, with responsibility for web design and development, technical infrastructure/content management system, and project management/client relations.
This position contributes to web planning and strategy; takes a collaborative, adaptive, imaginative approach to advance web communications efforts; researches and develops projects using emerging technologies and best practices; and supports an effective and efficient system for managing our significant web presence.
Position will join a creative, high quality communications team, housed on the University of Minnesota's East Bank campus.
1.Web / interactive design and development (60%)
- Develops concepts, wireframes, prototypes, scenarios, and storyboards for interactive/screen-based experiences based on organizational and client goals and audience insights; implements concepts to create web and technical design that meet project goals, support an effective Academic Health Center web system, and engage audiences
- Plans, implements, and supports new page designs and features in content management system
- Creates, maintains, and continuously improves cohesive web theme(s) and library of page templates, styles, features/widgets/functionalities that meet needs of internal partners and overall web goals; maintains and shares clear documentation
- Works with assistant director to assure consistent visual language and high quality design including typography, imagery, color, and layout/visual hierarchy; coaches relevant internal and external constituents on our brand and web policies, guidelines, standards, and practices
- Works to continuously evolve how we deliver and manage our web presence and infrastructure, staying current with best practices and seeking opportunities to experiment
2. Technical infrastructure management and maintenance (20%)
- Troubleshoots and fixes browser, coding, and other technical problems
- Provides oversight for ongoing implementation, maintenance, and management of content management system(s) that give units access to update their web content
- Works to understand needs of people contributing content through our content management system; review contributor experience (user interface, workflow) and identify, suggest, and implement solutions; adapt the system to support content contributors and end product delivered to audiences
- As technical liaison to server and IT contacts, facilitate and follow up on requests; maintain relationships with key contacts such as server administrators and web design/development colleagues at the University
- Other website maintenance support as needed within web team
3. Project management and client relations (20%)
Great, creative communications team in web, video, news, design, community relations. Interesting content: medical/health sciences (see Health Talk blog: http://health.umn.edu/healthtalk). Excellent benefits: www.umn.edu/ohr/employment/university
Must apply online with:
2. Cover letter
3. References (at least three)
4. Link(s) to related work samples (at least three; include your role on the project; samples can be finished or in process).
Applications will be reviewed Monday, August 27. Position open until filled.
This job listing was published 277 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising