7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Synacor: Senior Developer, Client Integrations
Want to create products that more than 30 million people use daily? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems' You can help build the next-generation of Synacor’s products and create web applications that reach millions of people!We are looking for a talented, driven and experienced Senior Developer who is looking for an opportunity to team up with other passionate Developers in an exciting and growing company.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with LINUX, Perl, PHP, JSP, ASP, or other language used for building web based applications. Working independently; this Developer will perform both Back End and Front End Development, enhancement and maintenance of existing software modules, custom programming for clients and various data manipulation tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our portal and premium service platforms.
- Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members
- Writing technical and non-technical specifications and the documentation of procedures
- Reviewing Product requirement documents as well as participating in integration calls with our partners
- Responsible for the initial set-up, launch and maintenance of client Portals
- Deployment of client sites, including custom development, branding, and integration with diverse content feeds, billing and provisioning systems.
- Participating in technical planning and architectural exercises.
- Conducting peer reviews in an agile environment.
- Acting as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 3 years development experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience
- Strong skill and in-depth knowledge of PHP or PERL with specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in specialized areas
- Ability to solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Ability to interpret internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Familiarity with reversion / revision control software, GIT preferred
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills including the ability to collaborate with peers, managers, and other personnel
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and meeting set deadlines
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide.
What we?ll bring to the table:
100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees
Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants
Casual dress and flexible environment
Generous paid time off
25 cent vending machines
Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
This job listing was published 277 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising