7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Synacor: Senior Web Developer
Want to create products that more than 30 million people use daily? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems' You can help build the next-generation of Synacor’s products and create web applications that reach millions of people!We are looking for a talented, driven and experienced Senior Web Developer who is looking for an opportunity to team up with other passionate Developers in an exciting and growing company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our Portal and TV Everywhere platforms.
- Deployment of client sites, including custom development, branding, and integration with diverse content feeds, billing and provisioning systems.
- Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
- Participating in technical planning and architectural exercises
- Conducting peer reviews in an agile environment
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
- Extensive professional experience programming PHP
- Experience with Perl programming is desirable
- Experience with MySQL or equivalent
- Proficient in Unix/Linux use, scripting and tools
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP and AJAX desirable
- Familiarity with revision control software
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to collaborate
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide.
What we?ll bring to the table:
100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees
Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants
Casual dress and flexible environment
Generous paid time off
25 cent vending machines
Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
This job listing was published 833 days ago.
Brought to you by: