7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Capterra is looking for forward thinking full-stack web engineers to join the team and help take us to the next level.
Capterra helps thousands of organizations find the right software for their needs. We're all about great service. Whether it's self-service or a personal consultation, we want to provide not only a great match, but an excellent experience as well.
Join us and help small businesses around the world grow.
- Constantly improve
- Be open: share interesting ideas
- Keep up with emerging technologies
- Build simple systems that ease maintenance and respond to change easily
- Create great experiences for our customers and users
We're always improving our services. Right now,we're looking to change how people find software fundamentally -- helping them find a better match for their needs by integratingwell-researched areas of computer science with newer technologies.
- Contribute to the architecture design and the implementation of applications
- Write clean, maintainable code
- Refactor and love refactoring
- Debug application issues
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience developing web applications
- Genuine interest in programming
- Can solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Ability to work well with others and independently
Our current stack consists of Rails, Oracle, Nginx and HAProxy. Although we're always open to changes and additions,it's preferred that you have experience in at least some of these (Rails most ofall) as well as TDD.
Bonus if you have experience multi-tier architecture.
Would you be a good fit?
- When someone claims a task is impossible, you immediately start thinking of ways it could be done.
- In solving problems, you often find yourself thinking: "Hey, this is just a special case of..."
- You can't contain the exciting ideas. "VoltDB was built to solve this problem!" you say? Talk to the team, we'll discuss and if all goes well you might find yourself leading the project.
- You know what you don't know. You don't pretend to know everything, but are eager to learn.
- You're a pragmatist. You feel strongly about certain technology, but at the end of the day use the right tool for the job.
- Paid Metro or monthly parking -- you pick
- Flexible work schedule
- No limit on sick days
- Books and conferences
- 5 week sabbatical every 5 years
- Pick your favorite snacks to add to the kitchenFor more benefits information -- including the usual 401k and health -- see http://capterra.com/jobs
Make sure to include the following with your email: cover letter, resume, links to online work and code, and salary requirements.
This job listing was published 671 days ago.
Brought to you by: