7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Potato: Senior Django Developer
Potato has an ongoing need for talented full-time senior developers, to work on complex and scalable web apps.
You'll be working at our office in London, United Kingdom, architecting and coding web tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients currently and previously include Google, YouTube, News International, BBH, Mother and numerous other agencies.
You'll need to know Python and Django intimately, and have experience organising similarly skilled developers as well as scoping projects built using these technologies. You might have App Engine or noSQL experience. Our apps are often complex, scale to epic proportions, and connect to many APIs - any relevant experience would be a big plus.
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you in a position to write the best code that you can.
- Leadership of a development team delivering large-scale web applications in liaison with project managers and clients
- Intimate knowledge of Django & Python
- Scoping and delegation of development tasks
- Reviewing development work with a critical eye
- Management of highly-skilled developers
Big pluses for experience with:
- Working in an agency environment
- Helping hire for development roles
- Google App Engine
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Localising web apps
- Open source projects
- Google Apps & APIs
- Linux administration
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3 etc)
Pay & benefits:
- Competitive daily rate
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive, developer-focussed working environment
- A cover letter
- Your CV, including references
- Details of your availability
- Any sample URLs that show off your code and prove you'll be able to hit the ground running
Drop us an email - if we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange to have a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call. If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch.
We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing agencies in any way.
Free lunch, drinks and snacks.
This job listing was published 612 days ago.
Brought to you by: