7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Cooper: Interaction Design
(San Francisco, CA)
Cooper (www.cooper.com) is actively recruiting for IxD stars. Cooper consultants have helped companies of all sizes create hundreds of successful digital products and services. We work with clients large and small all over the world. Our projects include everything from complex financial, analytical and enterprise applications to medical devices, Web sites and car dashboards. In a single year, a Cooper designer might work on a securities trading application, an assisted surgery tool, and a revolutionary new phone.
What’s it like to work on a Cooper project? Every project involves a small team of world-class designers, most of whom are dedicated to single project at a time. An interaction designer is responsible for the visualization and coherence of the product’s behavior, while a design communicator is responsible for documenting the design and for helping test and evolve the design concept through scenarios. At the same time, a visual designer ensures that the color, icons, typography, and visual style of the interface support the interaction and the client’s brand.
We're looking for a passionate, quick-witted designer with 4+ years professional experience in interaction, industrial and/or Web application design to work on a wide variety of projects from consumer electronics to medical devices to complex enterprise software. Designing compelling and effective user interfaces is the crux of the job, but the skills that support your design mojo are equally important.
You'd be a good fit at Cooper if you enjoy:
- Understanding complex systems and processes; both software-based and in the real world of people and atoms. Do you get just as excited about data analysis tools as you do about RFID-enabled consumer electronics' If so, read on.
- Communicating with pictures, words, whiteboard markers, napkins and ballpoint pens, sticks and patches of dirt. You can express your ideas with skill and grace anywhere, anytime, with whatever media happens to be at your disposal.
- Presenting your work before a room of curious (and sometimes skeptical) developers, interested (and sometimes demanding) marketers, and time-challenged (and sometimes impatient) executives.
- Researching new domains. You have experience interviewing stakeholders and users to develop an understanding of the needs and motivations of all parties involved in the project.
- Working collaboratively. We believe that the interchange of ideas amongst the members of small, nimble teams is fastest route to the best solutions.
- Empathizing. Our design method is built around satisfying the needs and motivations of real people.
If you want to make things better, we want you.Interested in learning more? Check out our full job description (http://www.cooper.com/careers/) for more detailed information and qualifications. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter (stating why you want to work at Cooper), resume and appropriate urls/portfolio. Super interested? Put your skills to the test (http://www.cooper.com/documents/interaction_design_test.pdf)
No phone calls please. EOE
This job listing was published 617 days ago.
Brought to you by: