7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
NGP VAN: Front-End Developer
NGP VAN is the leading provider of campaign and organizing technology to Democrats, progressives, and non-partisan organizations, offering an integrated platform that combines the best fundraising, compliance, organizing, and new media products available. We’re honored to power the activities for the Obama campaign; the DNC, DSCC, and DCCC and the majority of Democratic state caucuses. We also proudly provide organizing tools for organizations such as labor unions, environmental groups, pro-choice advocates, civil rights activists, and more.
We are seeking a creative, collaborative and passionate mid- to senior-level Front-End Web Developer. You will be part of the User Experience (UX) Team, where our mantra is to first understand our users’ problems and goals before jumping into solutions. Solutions will also be a team effort from design to implementation.
If you want to be told what to do or what to build—and be a programming robot—then this position is not for you. Come with your thinking hat on, problem-solving skills ready to go, and sleeves rolled up. We want you to own the definition and design of our user interface: pushing your skills to produce the best structured, re-usable and scalable code to help create the best user experience for our products.
- Translate business and user requirements, visual design compositions, and wireframes into functioning presentation layer markup, style, and interactions
- Review Product Backlog Items and provide time estimates for the implementation of features and functionality.
- Work closely with backend developers to ensure the integrity of the user interface throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Research and recommend new technology to enhance user experience.
- 2+ years of solid web interface development.
- A portfolio site that shows off your XHTML/CSS expertise and/or a personal blog relating to web development where you love to share what you’ve learned.
- Knowledge of the most current UI and web 2.0 trends, semantic HTML, and best practices.
- Borderline OCD with your attention to detail and dedication to cross-browser compatibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in an agile, creative, quick-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience developing user interfaces for mobile devices and applications.
- UI design, wireframing, or graphic design experience.
- Knowledge of user research methods.
- Experience with politics, labor unions, or non-profit organizations.
The position offers compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications and will likely be between $55,000 and $70,000. NGP VAN prides itself on being a progressive and open-minded workplace; we have a fun and relaxed company culture, including blowing off steam on a softball field and enjoying periodic company retreats. We also have a strong benefits package that includes company-paid health care and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, and casual Friday every day.
Send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements, to email@example.com.
This job listing was published 466 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising