7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
The Idea People: Experienced Front-End Developer / Jr. Level PHP Experience
The Idea People in Charlotte are seeking a Front End Developer/Jr. PHP Developer from the Charlotte, NC area with a minimum of 3-years professional experience to join our expanding team in a full-time position.
The Idea People front end developer/Jr. PHPdeveloper will take our designer's Photoshop files and turn them into digital masterpieces. Attention to detail combined with the ability to stay up-to-date with the latest web technologies is required.
- Associate’s Degree in Design or related field
- A minimum of 3-years professional experience (Ad agency or Corporate/In-house Production a plus)
- Jr. level experience with PHP; advanced experience with Wordpress and Magento.
- A strong visual eye for design, and the knowledge of applying best practices for the web
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards
- Knowledge of SEO and web standards
- Solid understanding of designing for the web, including its limitations and challenges (Responsive, mobile, tablet)
- Organized and detail-oriented – must be able to quality assess own work
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or work individually
- Eager to learn new techniques and technologies
- Staying on top of industry tools, trends and ideas to be used in overall cohesiveness, functionality and appearance of websites. Current examples include responsive designs, sticky footers, social media widgets, jQuery Sliders, navigation tools, page layout templates, etc.
- Collaborate with website designers, clients, developers, programmers, management and other team members to develop, maintain and produce websites for clients in multiple industries.
- Create Email Blasts and Campaigns including deployment through programs from Mailchimp to Campaign Monitor
- Work with clients to update and maintain existing website designs and content via source view (notepad) or Content Management Systems (CMS)Essential Skills
- Strong organization, attention to detail, communication and ability to provide conceptual and strategic solutions.
- Produce cutting-edge website designs that provide for the ultimate return on a client's financial investment. Designs should have marketing analysis, calls to action concept, user interface, user interaction, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, and overall effectiveness.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to make contributions to our company on a daily basis, collaborate on both small, medium and large web community sites, become a genuine part of a real team, and have your creativity be both “seen and heard”. You must also enjoy an open work environment, partake in occasional company-paid lunches and events, thrive in a creative loft-style office suite, and absorb all of the “trappings” that a cool agency environment enjoys.
- Adobe CS6 Suite, Sublime Text 2, MAMP, FileZilla, GitHub, MS Office and other programs
- Ability to Hand-code HTML & CSS to web standards in all major browsers
- Understanding and respect for web standards, validation, compatibility and prior experience with associated testing tools
- Mobile web and/or app experience
- Marketing knowledge or background
- Previous agency experience
Excellent Healthcare benefit package, paid trips to conferences, occasional free lunches, great loft offices in the middle of the creative community, latest software and 100% Max based.
This job listing was published 506 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising