7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
NBC News Digital: Creative Director, msnbc.com
(New York, NY)
NBC News Digital seeks a Creative Director to help launch the new msnbc.com . This isn’t the old msnbc.com (now nbcnews.com ). It’s a rare opportunity to shape a home for progressive political coverage and the passionate community surrounding the personalities and programs of msnbc on cable. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders and an outside agency to launch a visionary msnbc.com by spring 2013 while hiring a team to drive the site’s design and front-end development moving forward.
This is a hands-on job. You will lead by example, personally designing and delivering functioning prototypes on select projects. Day-to-day, you’ll work with msnbc.com ’s executive editor and staff. You’ll also join the broader NBC News Digital UX team with dozens of designers and front-end developers who thrive on creating effective news experiences. They will challenge you—and help you.
- Content is more important than technology
- Working at the intersection of news and technology is exciting because it’s always changing
- Multi-disciplined teams and people lead the way
- Managing is about setting high standards for quality and then empowering others with context, ownership and enthusiasm
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing UX teams for large-scale, commercial web sites, preferably media or content-driven businesses
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience crafting effective visual and interaction design, as well as information architecture
- An interactive portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience with usability and A/B testing
- Experience measuring project success with analytics data from Google Analytics, Omniture or the equivalent
- Experience managing outside agencies from concept to completion
- A 10+ hour per month commitment to learning new web technologies
- You’re passionate about
- Smart web-based mobile experiences
- Lean/agile development practices o Mentoring
- CSS-based style guides
You have experience with:
- Designing native apps on iOS and/or Android
- Designing social products leveraging APIs from the likes of Twitter and/or Facebook
- Content management systems like WordPress and/or Drupal
- Frameworks like jQuery, Backbone and Bootstrap
This job listing was published 758 days ago.
Brought to you by: