7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Seso Media Group: Front-End Rails / UI Developer with SASS &Coffescript Experience
SESO MEDIA GROUP:
At Seso we build digital experiences that matter by curating complex data sets into compelling stories. Our human-centric approach allows our clients to move their audiences through playful interaction. We work with healthcare, museum, science and government partners as well as major brands and organizations around ideas that make a difference in the world.
We are looking for a frontend developer with Rails experience to join a great team working on cool projects. You will be building and launching applications for clients like TED, XPrize, Noodle.org, UCLA, Kaiser and the Smithsonian. We have a great loft space in Downtown LA's Arts District (with a 1966 Airstream Trailer that serves as the in-office conference room!) and would love for you to join us here, but are interested in talking to you no matter where you are in the world. We do have a strong preference for developers within a 3-hour deviation from PST, since it makes communication much easier.
Our standard frontend stack includes:
- Rails 3
- HTML5 / A mix of HAML and Slim projects
- CSS3 with SASS (SCSS syntax) / Compass
- Twitter Bootstrap for admin development
- You have a Github account and are following some interesting projects and people. Even better if you have some public projects we can look at!
- You're deeply familiar with CSS3 and the HTML5 APIs and can use them to produce faithful renderings of design comps
- You love SASS and Compass
- You know your shims and understand the principles of progressive enhancement - your work is usable in IE7 and gorgeous in IE9
- You "get", like and use Coffeescript and don't believe in writing array comprehensions, lexical scope and curly brackets by hand
- You've worked on responsive design projects and understand how to effectively, maintainably leverage media queries
- You like building things. You like designers. You like making clients happy.
Nice to have: experience with backbone.js or ember.js would be a huge plus. d3.js experience would be another huge plus.
This job listing was published 843 days ago.
Brought to you by: