7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Samasource: Communication Design Associate (Internship)
(San Francisco, CA)
Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision - to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the passion for alleviating global poverty of a non-profit. We like to move quickly and get things done - if you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller, Ford and the State Department. Headquartered in San Francisco’s Mission District, Samasource has 30+ employees and gives work to thousands of people worldwide.
You believe in the power of visual messages to express ideas, and you want to apply that ability for social impact. Samasource is looking for a Communication Design Associate to convey our innovative programs internally and externally. This role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and collaborates with our Lead Designer, working across print and digital media as we expand the reach of our brand.
As a social enterprise, our audience includes both philanthropic donors and corporate clients. You’ll bring your empathy and creativity to visual solutions that successfully engage all viewers. There’s always more to do, so we’re looking for someone who takes initiative and learns fast.
We believe there’s more to design than can be quantified, but know that a design’s success depends on achieving its goals. Our purpose is not to make things look pretty (though we always do) – we’re driven to improve people’s lives.
This position is a paid 10-week internship at our San Francisco headquarters.
- Align and extend the visual design of samasource.org
- Develop effective templates for presentations, reports, data sheets, and infographics
- Implement and refine collateral for events, initiatives, and services
- Proactively identify and act on design opportunities throughout the organization
- Integrate feedback and iterate quickly for fast turnarounds
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or similar field preferred
- A great portfolio that showcases both thinking and making
- A mind for analyzing problems from a strategic level down to a single pixel
- Strong eye for hierarchy, typography, and color
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- At home in a fast-paced environment with multiple internal teams and external partners
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and iWork on Mac OS (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Pages, and Keynote)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS – ability to write code is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
No phone calls or emails, please.
This job listing was published 429 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising