7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
TheBlaze: Senior Back-End Developer
(New York, NY)
Would you like to help create a digital news platform relied on by over 10 million unique users per month? Is an active NYC newsroom your ideal workplace?
TheBlaze.com is in search of an experienced Backend WordPress/PHP Developer/Magician with a strong interest in digital news design and development. We are looking for someone with the vision and ability to create next-generation experiences for a wide variety of digital news and information mediums.
We are passionate about our ability to bring a community together online, engaging audiences and driving a healthy national debate. The ideal candidate is a productive and meticulous coder with intense passion for iterative, agile experimentation and is eager to push boundaries with bleeding-edge technologies. He/She is a creative thinker with unique vision for multi-media platforms.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Working closely with editorial, advertising, and operations staff on new development and maintenance
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, responding and fixing downtime and events
- Verifying and testing backend code
- Identifying tasks which require automation and automate them
- Proactively monitoring app and servers for security threats and fix
- Identifying patterns in malicious users, comments, and uploads and remove
- Running/building tools for various server, database, and traffic statistics
- Monitoring web daemons and tweak settings as needs and resources change
- Supporting partner relationships (email, analytics, advertising, etc)
- Sharing research and knowledge with co-workers
- Assisting junior staff with development
- Wordpress experience
- PHP mastery
- Python (with Django) a plus
- Basic System admin
This is an on-site, full time position at our New York City office. Compensation for this position is commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience.
Ridiculous benefits package (really, we don't make you contribute a dime); endless snacks, sodas and breakfast items; gym discounts; flexible hours; happy co-workers that like their jobs.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior BackEnd Developer" in the subject line. We like to see personalities shine through the black and white, so please send along any portfolio items/cover letters/blogs, anything that you believe will set you apart from other candidates.
This job listing was published 870 days ago.
Brought to you by: