7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
TheBlaze: Senior Front-End Developer
(New York, NY)
Would you like to help create a digital news platform relied on by over 10 million unique users per month? Is an active NYC newsroom your ideal workplace?
TheBlaze.com is in search of an experienced Front End Developer/Wizard with a strong interest in digital news design and development. We are looking for someone with the vision and ability to create next-generation experiences for a wide variety of digital news and information mediums.
We are passionate about our ability to bring a community together online, engaging audiences and driving a healthy national debate.The ideal candidate is a productive and meticulous coder with intense passion for iterative, agile experimentation and is eager to push boundaries with bleeding-edge technologies. He/She is a creative thinker with unique vision for multi-media platforms.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Creating semantic, rich markup with direction from stakeholders and designers
- QA testing frontend code in all supported browsers
- Analyzing and optimizing website load time
- Supporting partner relationships (email, analytics, advertising, etc)
- Knowledge of rich markup formats (RDFa, Microformats, Microdata)
- Evaluating website for SEO and social media friendliness
- Assisting and training junior staff
- Semantic HTML 5
- An eye for design
- CSS 3
- CMS experience (Wordpress, Drupal, Django)
- Cross-browser development
- Version control (SVN/Git/CVS) experience
This is an on-site, full time position at our New York City office. Compensation for this position is commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience.
Ridiculous benefit package (really, we don't make you contribute a dime); endless snacks, sodas and breakfast items; gym discount; flexible hours; happy co-workers that like their jobs
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We like to see personalities shine through the black and white, so please send along any portfolio items /cover letters/blogs, anything that you believe will set you apart from other candidates.
This job listing was published 602 days ago.
Brought to you by: