7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Toolhouse, Inc.: Interactive/Visual Designer
You get to work on big stuff. Toolhouse is a digital marketing agency with big clients, which means you’ll be working on big projects. Under the direction of the Senior Design Team, you’ll conceptualize and create engaging designs for websites, email campaigns, mobile apps, animations, and videos. You’ll be expected to balance function and form, turn the complex into simple, and articulate your decisions along the way.
You get to work with awesome peeps. We don’t mean to toot our own horns,but we like what we do and we’re good at it. You’ll be joining a tight-knit team of designers, developers and out-of-the-box thinkers with a common goal: create uncommon solutions and have fun doing it. Working closely with UX and IA designers on one side and developers on the other, you’ll be counted on to bridge the two with compelling creative.
You get to live in Bellingham, Washington. We just remodeled an old cannery on Bellingham Bay and kept the kitsch while adding some kick. Nestled between the rugged Cascade mountains to the east and the San Juan islands to the west, we sit at the doorstep of endless outdoor fun. Do you like to snowboard? Sail? Shop? Bike? Run? Hike? Fish? Dine out? Listen to live music? So do we. And that’s just on Wednesday. Bellingham is only 45 minutes from Vancouver, BC and 90 minutes from Seattle.
Here’s the nitty-gritty:
- Gain a thorough understanding of client needs, project objectives, scope and deadlines
- Create compelling and original visual designs and collaborate with the Senior Design Team to ensure designs are cohesive and consistent with client expectations and overall project goals
- Deliver final required designs to the developers for inclusion in the final product
- Create style guides for developers that document specifics of your designs
- Keep up with industry trends such as web, mobile, and social, and participate in knowledge exchanges with peers
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years agency or other real-world design experience and a passion for continued learning
- A strong portfolio showcasing completed designs such as websites, mobile apps, animations, and videos
- A degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Visual Communication or New Media
- A solid understanding of design principles and the ability to apply them to complex tasks (including typography, grids, color theory, and layout)
- Understanding of modern web technologies and familiarity with Mac OSX and mobile platforms (iPhone/iPad, Android etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primary focus on Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Motion design experience with Apple Motion or Adobe After Effects
- Basic coding skills including CSS and HTML
- Ability to accept design feedback and effectively articulate your creative decisions
- Ability to focus and work under pressure in the event of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences
We offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K contribution matching.
Interested in the job? Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls, please.
This job listing was published 599 days ago.
Brought to you by: