7thSpace is a service provider allowing business owners and
companies to post their job openings on our web site. To contact the
person responsible for this job offer use the contact details provided by the poster.
Springer: UI/Visual Designer
Springer is a world-class international publisher. We understand the written word, and our design reflects this in every detail: our aesthetic is modern, clean and well-structured, our typography beautiful but readable first and foremost.
We are a multi-disciplinary team working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, responsible for designing, building and testing Springer’s new digital platform. We’re in the business of building an enterprise-class web application, and delivering a first-rate user experience is essential.
We’re seeking a digital designer well-versed in user interface design. You’ll join our user experience discipline, a small collaborative team where we like to think aloud, experiment and fail fast. In your role as visual designer, you’ll strive to deliver a clean, quiet aesthetic, and take pride in the beauty of small details. The position will initially take strategic direction from our world-class branding team, but you’ll be keen to grow and develop the role into your own.
- understand how to design beautiful interfaces across multiple platforms and devices.
- have a good working knowledge of typography, hierarchy and visual language.
- understand interaction design principles and responsive layouts.
- love to sketch and visualise in order to communicate your ideas, the quicker the better.
- want to design a framework for an evolving system, not a static picture.
- consider attention to detail paramount, and craftmanship essential.
- can easily communicate and defend your ideas, but aren’t precious when faced with new evidence.
- are friendly and adaptable, an excellent communicator, and passionate about good design.
- Excited by our business domain: science, technology and business publishing.
- Print experience and a keen eye for typography are an advantage, as is the ability to think in CSS.
- Any experience of agile ux would certainly help you hit the ground running.
We build our software iteratively, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to over four million visitors around the globe every week. Our teams are cross-discipline: you’ll work with business analysts and stakeholders to understand requirements, pair with user experience designers and front-end developers to continuously evolve proposed solutions, and you’ll be able to justify your rationale to development teams when necessary. Our core values are simplicity, openness, enthusiasm and excellence.
This position is based in our London office, and reports directly to the VP of Platform Development.
Springer offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and an employee support programme.
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations and quoting job reference (SPR/UXD/A) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, post it to: HR, Floor 6, 236 Gray's Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HB.
Springer is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
This job listing was published 326 days ago.
Brought to you by:
Website Ranking Service | 7thSpace Advertising